Perdido Key Pirate Fest
11am-5pm, Oct. 25-26, 2014
Big Lagoon State Park
No black flags fly above the turquoise waters of Perdido Key these days. Most of the time, the only pirates who frequent these parts are the Pirates of Lost Treasure, a local Mardi Gras krewe. However, all that will change on Oct. 25-26 2014, when an eager horde of young buccaneers descends on Big Lagoon State Park — for the annual Pirate Festival. The event comes just one week after the brand new Pirate Ship Fish Tank show airs on Animal Planet's TANKED show!
The hunt for the "Lost Key"
Throughout the weekend, kids young and old will have the chance to hunt for pirate coins, redeemable for Thousands of Dollars in prizes. Each day, one lucky pirate, who finds the "Lost Key," will even take home a grand-prize treasure chest — loaded with everything a family needs for a memorable vacation, including lodging and gift certificates for area attractions and restaurants.
Vendors - Click here for application >
2014 Treasure Prize List Includes:
One Week Stay Donated by Sandy Key Condos
3 Night Stay Donated by Pointe South
2 Night Stay Donated by Wyndam ResortQuest
- Family Passes to Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
- One Hour Jet Ski Rentals from FloraBama Watersports
- Family Passes to Fast Eddies Fun Center
- Zipline Tickets to Gulf Adventure Center
- Passes to Pirate's Island Adventure Golf
- Gift Certificates to Sunset Grille
- Prize Package from The Hangout
- Gift Certificates to The Original Point Restaurant
- Gift Certificates to the FloraBama Yacht Club Restaurant
- More Booty to Come!
In addition to plenty of booty, the festival will feature:
• Magic shows and Pirate Tales by pirate-magician Captain Davy and the Mermaid
• Live reptile shows by Reno's Reptiles. After each show, audience members will be able to handle the animals, which will include alligators, rat snakes, banded water snakes, albino corn snakes, alligator snapping turtles and more.
• Plus: storytelling, face painting, food, arts and crafts vendors and more.
Entrance to the event is included with $6 park admission fee.
Presented by the Perdido Key Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center and these additional sponsors:
Sign up for Perdido Key e-news to receive early notification of our upcoming events!
"Like" us on Facebook and watch for breaking news and deals!