In our Perdido Area and neighboring communities, please be sure to follow best safety practices while you live, work & play in paradise!
Crosswalks & Beach Law
With crosswalks throughout the island, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Make sure to cross at the designated crosswalk area. Push the button to activate the crosswalk lights and wait for motorists to stop before proceeding. Use lights for motorists to see if crossing at night and always keep the traditional crossing method of looking right, left and then right again when crossing the street!
Can we have a bonfire on the beach?
Escambia County prohibits open flames and fires on the beach. Baldwin county prohibits fires without permits.
Can I bring my dog/pet out on the beach?
Dogs are not allowed on the beach in Perdido. There are several park options available near the beach to walk with your furry friend, River Road Dog Park, Trakiln State Park, Johnson Beach Road, and Big Lagoon are just a few!
Can I leave items on the beach overnight?
Escambia and Baldwin County prohibits leaving items on the beach overnight. These items hinder our natural wildlife from getting to their natural habitat. Help us keep the
key clean by picking up beach items and rubbish after you enjoy the day!
What you need to know about WARNING FLAGS
Green Flag- Low Hazard: Calm Conditions, Exercise Caution
Yellow Flag- Medium Hazard: Moderate Surf and/or currents
Red Flag- High Hazard: High surf and/or strong currents
Double Red Flag- Water closed to the public
Purple Flag- Dangerous marine life
Rip currents are powerful currents of water moving away from shore. They can sweep even the strongest of swimmers out to sea. If you are caught in a rip current, do not panic or swim against the current. If you cannot break out of the current, float calmly until it lessens, swim parallel to the shore until out of the rip current, or shout and wave for assistance if you are able to.
For Emergency Care
Life-threatening emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
Perdido Urgent Care: (850) 466-8668
Orange Beach Family Dentistry (dental emergencies): (251) 321-7575
- Escambia County Sheriff’s Office: 1700 W Leonard St, Pensacola, FL 32501
- Pensacola Police Department: 711 Hayne St, Pensacola, FL 32501
- Orange Beach Police Department: 4480 Orange Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Gulf Shores Police Department: 220 Clubhouse Dr, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Escambia County Fire Rescue – Station #19 (Perdido Key): 15500 Perdido Key Dr, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Innerarity Point Vol Fire Department: 14250 Innerarity Point Rd, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Escambia County Fire Rescue – Station #14 (Gulf Beach Hwy): 9350 Gulf Beach Hwy, Pensacola, FL 32507
- Orange Beach Fire Station 4 (Ono Island): 31696 River Rd, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Orange Beach Fire Department: 25853 John M Snook Dr, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Gulf Shores Fire Rescue: 1921 W 1st St, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Orange Beach Fire Station #5 (AL Coastal Connection): 4550 Main St, Orange Beach, AL 36561